Buick Repair in Kissimmee, FL
A Brief History of Buick
Many Buick owners in Hunters Creek, Florida, Kissimmee, Florida, or nearby, depend on the trustworthy pros at RepairTech Automotive and DIY for service and repair.
Buick is one of the oldest car brands in the world and the oldest brand in the United States. The two first Buick vehicles were made in 1899 and 1900 at the Buick Auto-Vim and Power Company by chief engineer Walter Marr. However, company owner David Buick was reluctant to make vehicles, so Marr left Buick in 1901 to start his own company.
In 1903, Buick released its third vehicle thanks to Marr’s replacement, Eugene Richard. Then in 1904, Buick moved Buick Motor Group from Detroit to Flint, Michigan. However, Richard did not go with him, and instead Marr was rehired by the company. That first year in Flint, only 37 Buicks were made. Production exponentially increased thereafter to 750 vehicles in 1905, and continued to ramp up for decades thereafter.
In 1911, Buick introduced its full-body car, which was built in the Flint factory. By this time, the city of Flint was synonymous with the company, thus popularizing the nickname “Buick City”. Buicks were also the first car make to introduce turn signals. Interestingly, the 1910s and 1920s, Buick became hugely popular in China, particularly for use by high-level politicians and the Emperor of China himself!
The association of the Buick brand with wealth and privilege continued into the 1930s, as Buicks became popular with the British monarchy and especially the lavish trendsetter, Edward VIII. Owing to the imperial influence, Buick was also considered a luxury brand in Canada at the time. Buicks were always present for royal transport, including for King George VI and Queen Elizabeth II during their 1939 royal tour of Canada.
By 1955, Buick had a record 738,814 vehicles sold, a record that would hold until 1977. The year 1959 saw the introduction of three new models: Electra, Invicta and the LeSabre. An Electra also participated in the Indianapolis 500 race that year. The Buick Special was named Motor Trend’s Car of the Year in 1962.
The 1970s saw a series of new models released, including the Estate Wagon in 1970, Centurion in 1971, Apollo in 1973, and Skyhawk in 1975. In 1983, Buick had its best model year to date with 810,435 vehicles sold. Buick was the official car in the 1984 Summer Olympics. That year, Buick sold over one million vehicles.
With all its value at an affordable price, it’s no wonder so many Kissimmee residents choose to drive a Buick.
We have serviced plenty of Buicks. Our common services include oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups, and transmission repair. No matter which Buick you drive, our award-winning technicians can fix it right up for you.
Some of Buick’s most popular models today include:
- Buick Regal GS: This car defines “cool” on the inside and out. With comfortable plush interiors, aggressive styling and GS emblems all around, the car speaks for itself. The Buick Regal GS is also known for its energetic acceleration, reasonable base price and top crash test scores.
- Buick Regal Sportback: This hatchback offers a diverse drive range, a decent suspension, and a reasonably smooth ride. If your Regal Sportback ever needs brake repair, transmission repair or anything else, don’t hesitate to bring it to us.
- Buick Envision: This compact SUV offers smooth suspension, great handling, and an above average fuel economy. Buick Envision owners love the many features the vehicle includes, like its manageable size and its quiet cabin.
- Buick Encore: This car comes equipped with supreme handling, a great reliability rating and a smooth ride. The inside is very luxurious and comfortable. The Buick Encore has a hushed cabin at highway speeds and has generous tech and safety features. We have been repairing Buicks since 1998 and have serviced plenty of Buick Encores. Whether you need a transmission repair, oil changes, fluid services, tune-ups, or something else, we are here to help.
- Buick Enclave: The three-row midsize SUV is a good performer with a joyful ride and plenty of family-friendly tech features. There is more than sufficient in-car storage and huge trunk space (more than most of the midsize SUVs in the industry). The Enclave also has plenty of room for its passengers in all three rows and has a quiet and smooth ride quality.
Your Award-Winning Shop for Buick Repair
When your Buick needs repairs, you can bring your car to RepairTech Automotive and DIY in Kissimmee, FL. We make sure that our expertly trained mechanics receive ongoing training in automotive technology and auto repair services, and will offer you dealer quality knowledge and experience without dealership pricing.
Here Are Some Reasons Why You Should Choose Us:
- Locally veteran-owned NAPA Auto Care Center since 1998
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
Your car will go through an inspection and safety check. All needed repairs will be thoroughly explained for your approval. We will never recommend repairs that aren’t absolutely necessary. So why not give us a try? Schedule an appointment today! You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call.
For a full range of auto repairs in Kissimmee, FL, count on the team of professionals at RepairTech Automotive and DIY!