Every vehicle comes with a maintenance schedule that can be found in the owner's manual. Scheduled maintenance, or preventative maintenance, refers to the intervals in which you should bring your vehicle in for routine maintenance. While these intervals vary slightly for every vehicle, some commonalities can be found that serve as a rule of thumb for which parts of your car should be looked at when. Auto technicians, service advisors, and auto manufacturers oftentimes recommend the 30/60/90 rule. The rule essentially states that certain services should be performed on your car when your total mileage hits 30,000 mile, 60,000 mile, or 90,000-mile intervals. Whether your Acura, Audi, BMW, or Buick needs a tune-up or service, this rule can be followed almost universally. A service that should be performed regularly (approximately every 3,000 to 10,000 miles) is an oil change to keep your car's oil-free of dirt and debris. With RepairTech Automotive and DIY's computerized maintenance management, we keep track of when certain services were performed on your vehicle and can notify you when your next service is due.
Maintenance Before 30,000 Miles
At RepairTech Automotive and DIY in Kissimmee, we specialize in Diagnostics and Repair and Maintenance Service and Repair, but can take care of all services needed for your vehicle. We have certain scheduled maintenance tasks that we perform when you bring your vehicle in for preventative maintenance. The services you usually should have performed on your vehicle before it hits 30,000 miles are:
- Air Filter: Your vehicle's air filter keeps your air conditioning and heating system running smoothly. If you notice an unpleasant odor coming from your vehicle and/or there is restricted airflow coming from your air conditioning, it is time to get your air filter replaced.
- Fuel Filter: Similar to the air filter, your engine will not run properly if your fuel filter is clogged, so it is important to replace this regularly.
- Oil and Oil Filter Change: In addition to the oil change benefits mentioned above, changing the oil, and oil filter in your car, truck or SUV will help prolong the life of the vehicle.
Maintenance Before 60,000 Miles
Before we at RepairTech Automotive and DIY start work on your vehicle, we will go over our maintenance strategies and maintenance costs, and you can decide which services you'd like performed on your vehicle. In addition to the 30,000-mile services, these are the planned maintenance services that often need to be performed on your vehicle when it hits 60,000 miles:
- Battery: Your vehicle's battery is crucial to start your car and to keep it running. If your vehicle's battery light turns on, it is a sure sign that your battery needs repairs. Different batteries have different lifespans, and there are many variables that factor into the life of your battery.
- Brake Fluid: Because particles and debris can build up in your brake fluid over time, it is important to get your brake fluid flushed out or replaced periodically.
- Brake Pads: When you press on the brake pedal to stop, the brake pads are then pressed against the brake rotor to create friction. Particularly if you live in a hilly area, your brake pads will wear out over time. When we perform a brake inspection, we will report on the usable lifespan remaining on your brake pads. If your brake pads are making a loud squealing noise, that is an indication they are ready to be replaced. Brake pad manufacturers intentionally add material that makes them squeal when they need to be replaced. That way you have an audible alert to maintenance needs since the average car owner cannot see the brake pads on their own.
- Brake Rotors: Like brake pads, brake rotors don't last forever. Because the rotors also wear every time the brakes are applied, brake rotors should be replaced or resurfaced when they are warped or worn out. Repeated hard stopping can lead to warped brake rotors, since the friction causes heat, and the excessive heat can warp your brake rotors.
- Coolant: Coolant keeps your vehicle from overheating, but over time it loses its cooling properties. Additionally, if you have a leak in your cooling system, the coolant will need to be replaced to keep your car, truck, or SUV from overheating.
- Transmission Fluid: Driving your vehicle with old or insufficient levels of transmission fluid can cause the transmission to work harder, transferring engine power less effectively. Your transmission is a costly component when it needs to be replaced. Ensuring the transmission fluid is clean, and effective will help stave off costly repairs.
Maintenance Before 90,000 Miles
The following are the routine maintenance services we often perform when your vehicle reaches 90,000 miles:
- Hoses: As your mileage approaches six digits, it is important to get your hoses replaced to prevent a burst hose, which can cause severe damage to your vehicle. Hoses are made of rubber that dries out and can crack. It's much more cost-effective to replace a hose before it bursts than after.
- Power Steering Fluid: If your steering wheel is stiff, this could mean your vehicle's fluid levels are low, in which case you would need to come into RepairTech Automotive and DIY for a power steering fluid exchange service.
- Spark Plugs/Ignition System: Spark plugs supply the spark required to ignite the air and fuel mixture that enters your engine, creating the explosion that produces power in your engine. Over time, spark plugs will wear out, and not provide as effective of a spark. Replacing them will ensure that your car is running on all cylinders (pun intended).
- Timing Belt: If your timing belt breaks while driving, it can cause major internal engine damage, such as; bent or broken valves, damaged pistons, damage to the head, and block, and other major issues. It is much more cost-effective to replace a timing belt before it breaks than after.
Your Quality Shop for Scheduled Maintenance
Look no further than RepairTech Automotive and DIY in Osceola to fulfill all your auto repair needs. We've been fixing cars since 1998 and take auto repair, and maintenance seriously. Our Expert technicians have decades of experience and can take care of your vehicle, any model, and any make. We treat every job with the utmost importance, no matter the size of the service, and make sure each customer has the best user experience possible. This is evidenced by our high review rating based on reviews from 196 customers.
We are dedicated to providing a top-notch customer experience and will make sure any issues with your vehicle are fixed as soon as possible.
Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
- We are Experts
- Years of Experience
If you are in or nearby Kissimmee, FL, don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with RepairTech Automotive and DIY in Kissimmee, FL, 34744 today! You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 407-348-3400. You can also find us on social media. RepairTech Automotive and DIY - We use our experience in dealerships, national chains, and independent shops to keep you informed and in charge..