Hitting 60k miles on your vehicle’s odometer is a huge milestone. At this point, your vehicle has the equivalent of 2 and a half times around the world. It may be time to take your car, truck, or SUV to RepairTech Automotive for your 60k mile service. Your vehicle’s owner's manual has the list of what should be inspected or changed. Often times there are different tiers of recommended services based on the severity of conditions (Heat, cold, dust, etc) in the environment you drive in. However, the typical 60k service often consists of an oil change, tire inspection, filter inspection, road test, brake inspection, and replacing any necessary fluids. Additionally, there is a myriad of systems and parts inspections. By getting this service done on time, you extend your vehicle’s lifespan and can prevent major issues before they happen. To guarantee the longevity of your vehicle, make sure to keep up to date on the service schedule that the manufacturer recommends. We at RepairTech Automotive in Kissimmee understand how important your vehicle is to your daily life. Whether your vehicle is used to commute, go on road trips, run errands, or see your loved ones, we want to make sure that your vehicle is safe and properly functioning for your lifestyle.
What to expect when getting the 60k service for your vehicle:
By the time you hit 60,000 miles on your vehicle, it is recommended that your car, truck, van, or SUV is thoroughly inspected. At this point in your vehicle’s lifetime, there are certain things that need to be replaced or at least monitored for the remaining lifespan and functionality. Regardless if you bring in your Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, or any other make, we have the knowledge and expertise to perform the 60K service on your vehicle. Here are some basic services we often conduct during the 60k service:
- Oil change - Getting an oil change keeps your engine clean and removes any excess dirt and impurities from building up in the engine. Also, frequent oil changes will help identify when you have an oil leak or have abnormal oil consumption, which may be the sign of a maintenance issue. By getting your engine oil changed regularly, the fuel economy and engine performance will stay efficient for many more miles to come.
- Tire rotation/replacement - Our ASE-certified technicians will examine the tires to see whether they need to be replaced or rotated. During the inspection, if your tires do not need to be replaced, the technician will note the condition of your tires to ensure you have advanced warning as to when they may need to be replaced. A tire rotation ensures that the tires will last longer and that they maintain optimal traction. Tire rotations also lower the chance of getting a flat tire, because the wear is evenly spread, and major defects or issues can be caught before they become a safety issue.
- Warning lights - While your check engine light may not be illuminated for all 60k services, if it is, or other warning lights are illuminated, a 60k service may address the issue. If not, our ASE-certified technicians are knowledgeable and capable of diagnosing and fixing the issue. There may be different engine lights on that indicate there are issues with your vehicle. We will properly diagnose it and check for further issues.
- Brake pad inspections - Daily driving can cause the brake pads to wear down. The material on brake pads is designed to wear as it stops your vehicle, and needs to be replaced periodically. When your brakes are completely worn out, they will squeal. The manufacturers of brake pads intentionally add material that makes a loud squealing noise when your brake pads get worn to provide an audible alert that your brake pads need replacement. During your 60k service, we will inspect your brake pads, and replace them if necessary. If they don't need to be replaced, we will inform you of the usable life left on your brake pads.
- Fluids - Fluids like windshield wiper fluid, transmission fluid, and coolant: It is important to check that there are no fluid leaks and that every single fluid is at its optimum level. If your car, truck, or SUV is low on fluids, it could cause major engine, transmission, or safety issues. If we find that your fluids are not at an optimal level, our technician will oftentimes refill them.
- Air Filter - The air filter will be inspected and replaced. Excessive buildup on air filters lowers the efficiency of your vehicle. Just like humans, cars need clean air to breathe.
- Power Steering - The power steering fluid and system will be inspected. Our technician may replace the power steering fluid. This will protect the pump and make sure that it remains easy to steer your vehicle while driving.
The 30k, 60k, 90k service interval is a general maintenance schedule to follow. The manufacturer of your car, van, SUV, or truck may have a different schedule that supersedes the 30k, 60k, 90k, schedules. These service intervals ensure that there is nothing concerning with your vehicle and that the reliability of your vehicle will be maintained. If you are in need of a 60,000-mile service, come to RepairTech Automotive in Kissimmee to get your vehicle serviced.
Your Reliable Shop for 60k mile service
When you hit 60k miles on your vehicle, look no further than RepairTech Automotive in Osceola to fulfill all your auto repair needs. We've been fixing cars, trucks, and SUVs since 1998 and our Expert technicians have decades of experience and can take care of your vehicle, any model, and any make. We at RepairTech Automotive are extremely dedicated to providing a top-notch customer experience and will make sure any issues with your vehicle are fixed as soon as possible. Reasons You Should Do Business With Us:
If you are in or nearby Kissimmee, FL, don't hesitate to schedule an appointment with RepairTech Automotive in Kissimmee today! Many residents come to our service center. You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 407-348-3400. RepairTech Automotive - We use our experience in dealerships, national chains, and independent shops to keep you informed and in charge..