Jeep Repair in Kissimmee, FL
A Brief History of Jeep
Jeep originated when the United States government issued ordinances for cars to be produced during World War II. The Jeep 4×4 was the first Jeep made, which some historians have called “America’s greatest contribution to modern warfare.” The Jeep MB, another war vehicle, was widely modified for long-range desert patrol, saw milling, snow plowing and more.
Although Jeep delved into making passenger cars after World War II, the company refocused its efforts on making cars for the United States Army and for farming. The first civilian Jeep was the CJ, which aided in farming and agriculture. The CJ became known as the “All-Around Farm Work Horse.” Soon, Jeep began selling pickup trucks with four-wheel drive, the first American car make to do so. The Jeep Station Wagon was released in 1946, the Jeep Truck in 1947, and the Jeepster in 1948.
In 1961, Jeep released the two-wheel drive Fleetvan that was designed for light-duty, multi-stop applications such as postal delivery and ice-cream trucks. The Jeep Wagoneer was released in 1962, an SUV that was produced for 28 years – the longest continuous automotive production run in United States history.
The 1970s were a period of great growth and achievement for the company; in 1970, American Motors Corporation purchased Jeep for $70 million. The following year, in 1971, Jeep released the J-10 and J-20 pickup trucks, and by 1974 the Jeep Cherokee had won Four Wheeler magazine’s Achievement Award.
In 1987, Chrysler bought out American Motors Corporation, and Jeep continues to be owned by Chrysler today. Today’s Jeep headquarters are located in Toledo, Ohio. Jeeps continue to be popular vehicles across the country, including locally, on the roads of Orlando, Kissimmee, Hunters Creek, St. Cloud, Florida, and Osceola area. Since 1998 RepairTech Automotive and DIY has been repairing and servicing Jeeps, no matter which model you have.
Today’s Jeep vehicles include:
- Jeep Wrangler: Jeep’s iconic body-on-frame SUV, the Wrangler has one of the best resale values of any vehicle in the United States. The Jeep Wrangler comes in two-door and four-door versions. The Wrangler received the 2009 Best Resale Value Award from Kelley Blue Book in the sport utility vehicle category. Four Wheeler magazine awarded the Jeep Wrangler the Four-Wheeler of the Year Award in 2007 and 2013.
- Jeep Cherokee: The Jeep Cherokee modernized the SUV when it was first released in the 1980s, and the compact crossover got a facelift in its 2019 version. No matter how old your Jeep Cherokee is, our expertly trained technicians at RepairTech Automotive and DIY can perform a multitude of services on it, including brake service and transmission repair.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: Jeep’s range-topping midsize SUV. The Jeep Grand Cherokee has won over 30 awards for off-road capability, luxury, value, best-in-class, and safety, making it the most awarded SUV ever. Some of the awards the Jeep Grand Cherokee has won include the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety’s Top Safety Pick for 2011, Safest SUV in America by MSN Auto, and Truck of the Year by The Detroit News.
- Jeep Compass: Known as the mini Jeep Grand Cherokee, the Jeep Compass offers plenty of cargo space with a modern aesthetic design. Whether you need engine repair, brake repair, or brake service for your Jeep Compass, we can take care of it.
- Jeep Renegade: The smallest Jeep that is marketed outside of North America. The subcompact crossover received a makeover in 2019.
- Jeep Gladiator: The Jeep Gladiator is an all-new midsize pickup truck. It is projected to have the best resale value of any other car in the United States. If your Gladiator needs engine repair or anything else, do not hesitate to bring it to RepairTech Automotive and DIY in Kissimmee, FL.
Your Award Winning Shop for Jeep Repair
When the time comes to bring your Jeep in for repairs, you can bring your car to Kissimmee, FL in Kissimmee, FL. We take a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in Kissimmee, FL or surrounding areas, don’t hesitate to bring your Jeep to RepairTech Automotive and DIY !
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally veteran-owned NAPA Auto Care Center since 1998
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
- Excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of customers
To make an appointment with RepairTech Automotive and DIY in Kissimmee, FL, you can give us a call at 407-348-3400 or do so online simply by clicking the ‘Request Appointment’ button.
For a full range of auto repairs in Kissimmee, FL, count on the team of professionals at RepairTech Automotive and DIY!