Most cars come with computer systems onboard to warn you if there are any issues with your car. These diagnostics systems use a universal warning light system on your dashboard to notify you or our Award Winning technicians of any issues.
A check engine light (also known as a malfunction indicator lamp) is a signal from your car’s computer system that there is an issue with your vehicle. The issue could be minor, like a loose fuel cap, or it could indicate a more serious engine issue. Whenever your check engine light comes on, or any dashboard indicators are lit, it is imperative that you get it looked at by a professional before more serious problems arise.
What do the dashboard lights in your car mean?
All cars use the same universal system with its warning lights. Dashboard indicator lights are designed to make it easier for the average driver to quickly understand any potential problems with your vehicle. Here are some warning lights that indicate that your vehicle needs to be serviced:
- Check Engine Light: This warning light could mean a variety of things, like an issue with your transmission or your engine. It is important to get your vehicle looked at when this light comes on. In particular, if your check engine light is blinking, you need to bring your vehicle in for repair as soon as possible, as this means that there is something seriously wrong with your vehicle.
- Engine Temperature Warning: The engine temperature warning light indicates that your engine is overheating. When this light comes on, pull over safely and let your engine cool down. Bring your vehicle back to RepairTech Automotive and DIY because it is dangerous to drive your car when it is overheating.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light: This warning light is notifying you that one or more of your tire’s pressure is low. It is important that you bring your vehicle into RepairTech Automotive and DIY when this issue arises as this could cause further damage to your vehicle and potentially put you in danger.
- Oil Pressure Light: This light indicates that there is something wrong with the oil in your engine. When this light comes on, make sure that you bring in your vehicle to RepairTech Automotive and DIY for our technicians to find a solution.
Your Award Winning Shop for Computer Diagnostics
When it comes to your vehicle’s on-board computer diagnostics, it is important to have an expert on your side when one or more of your dashboard lights turns on. Our Award Winning technicians are well knowledgeable on all the warning lights that may turn on on your dashboard. Though we’ve been in business since 1998, we’ve stayed up-to-date with all the latest diagnostic technology. Our technology and commitment to customer service allow us to provide educational, transparent inspection results to our customers, which you can use to make informed decisions about your vehicle service and repairs.
Just a few more reasons to rely on the team at RepairTech Automotive and DIY for all your diagnostic needs:
- We have excellent reviews based on feedback from hundreds of satisfied customers.
- Locally veteran-owned NAPA Auto Care Center since 1998
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Local Shuttle Service
- Free WiFi, refreshments, and child-friendly waiting area
If you are in or nearby Orlando, Kissimmee, Hunters Creek, St. Cloud, Florida, or Osceola area, don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with RepairTech Automotive and DIY today! You can schedule an appointment with us online or give us a call at 407-348-3400.
For a full range of auto repairs in Kissimmee, FL, count on the team of professionals at RepairTech Automotive and DIY!